4-1-1 E-Learning Free Webinar Series Kicks Off
Will cover a specific topic each month – the debut session is October 14th, 2010 at 4 p.m. EST
Hosting of the Webinar Series is brought to you by DimDim. You will receive an email providing the link to the conference room, passcode and call-in number. You will be able to use VOIP.
Social Learning – C the New, C the Possible, C the Evolution – to register, click Social Learning Webinar
In this one hour free webinar, you will learn about the new possibilities you can create/use with social learning. Specifically:
- The newest social media types and tools you can use today- Including specific ideas and suggestions
- The latest trends and data on social media and social learning
There will never be a charge to the 4-1-1 E-Learning Webinar Series, and questions are encouraged.
- This is a one year subscription to one of the premier content authoring tools out on the market
- One attendee will be selected at random, but you must register for the webinar and you must attend
Free Blog Articles to Download, Print & Share
Below are the PDF versions of some of the articles, with more to come soon.
Some are a collection of articles with updates. I will be launching .epub, .mobi on a new platform in two weeks. These formats are for e-readers – for viewing online – u can dl an e-reader and view online or on e-readers such as the Nook, Sony Reader, Kindle and other companies, plus on tablets including the Ipad.
All PDFs have been fixed and you will not need a password to download them.
The files will work for those who are visually impaired and use programs that read pdfs beyond the standard ones. Size of the file is in ( ) and thus dl time may be slower or faster depending on your connection.
- LMS Top 10 Forecast and Trends 2010 (885.7kb)
- LMS Guide – Collection. Covers pricing, internal marketing, contracts & customization (1.2mb)
- Social Learning – Collection. Covers Social Learning & LMSs, Social Learning and Social Media (685.3kb)
- APIs (862.6kb)
- Interoperability – between your LMS and your content – a must read (928.6kb)
- HTML5 – Covers HTML5 (619.5kb)
- M-Learning – Covers Tablets & E-Readers (1.1mb)
- Open Source Quiz Assessment and Tools – Free
- Review of ProProfs – a quiz tool – SAAS
In Two weeks
Web Conferencing – the Players, the Duds, the Newcomers – includes a directory of all the vendors out there. Article will include features that are standard, so you don’t get hooked into the hype.
Coming at the end of October 2010
People have been asking me for my top LMS vendors, and so, I will be providing my top 20 vendors. They will be selected on various factors, which will be listed. While every vendor, I am sure feels they have the best solution, IMO, there are 20 that stand out. Do they need to include social learning? They should, but that is just one of the factors.
I will tell you that two of my top 5 up and coming LMS vendors are not on that list, as over the past few months, I have seen others surpass them.
I will be launching a web site the first week of November. This will be a site for E-Learn Info, my company, but will provide useful information – free. This will be in addition to my blog – which will always remain and be free.
I will be presenting at BYOL on Nov. 10th-12th in NYC.
- HTML5 & Tablets